In case you missed the memo, March is National Nutrition Month.
The theme this year is “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right”
So I thought it might be appropriate to just share a few things I use to make healthy food taste amazing:
- Add kick with hot peppers like jalapeno, cayenne, serrano, or kung pao.
- Add zip with lemon or lime juice, apple cider, balsamic, or red wine vinegar.
- Make use of fresh herbs like parsley, basil, cilantro, or rosemary to add color to your favorite dishes.
- Roast your veggies in the oven using super high heat (450F). Try peppers, squash, carrots, or cauliflower.
- Use high-heat cooking techniques for your meat, like pan-searing, grilling, or broiling.
- Use full-flavored whole grains like brown or wild rice, or quinoa.
- Add fruit to your meat or grain dishes. Try mango, pomegranate, apples, or pineapple.
- Use condiments like wasabi, mustard, chutney, tapenade, salsa, or miso paste.
Let’s chat: What other flavorful tips do you have?