It has been a weird week!
On Tuesday, I was stopped at a light on my bike, and the car in front of me backed into me. But rather than crashing into me, it continued to move backward, while my bike and I stayed in place. The result was that the back end of the car ended up sitting on my front wheel. The wheel lost quite a bit of its roundness but I’m impressed how much weight it was able to hold.
I told you recently that I was going to go vegan for a week. It’s harder than it sounds! Check back next week for the details but for now, here’s some cool reading:
Managing food allergies at college from Food Allergy Research and Education
Great info from Food Allergy Week (last week)
The 25 Healthiest Colleges in the U.S., 2012 from Greatist
Is yours on the list?
5 Ways to Get Fit in Your Dorm Room from USA Today
I especially like the free options!
10 Meals Where Rice Takes Center Stage from The Kitchn
For those of you that aren’t on twitter, I figured it might be worth sharing a few cool things that other people are sharing on twitter:
- Cooking on Campus, try this recipe, #TandooriChicken http://t.co/j7PqwKUvZ7 via @CollegeTourist
- Fight vending machine cravings w/ healthier alternatives http://cjky.it/11YQ4ez what r u snacking on? chk out these ideas from @eatsmartbd via @kerigans
- Mushroom risotto with a barley heart – Food_and_drink – Lifestyle – getreading – Reading Post http://www.getreading.co.uk/p/2134629 @mushroomscanada #yum via @OntGoatCheese
- Would you rather lose $1,000 or gain 20 pounds? http://fb.me/2pfA4irq1 via @TodaysDietitian
- Prayers for OK!! Are u prepared for an emergency? @robinsbite gives tips on putting 2gether food kits just in case. http://share.d-news.co/6HTBO9g via @LemondNutrition
- Gearing up for a 5K run (or just thinking about it)? Check out this 7-week training schedule for beginners http://bit.ly/MHzIZ0 via @MedlinePlus
- Fat also protects our organs, helps us absorb nutrients, helps our body with temperature control, supports metabolism & keeps us satisfied via @dietitiancassie