This week just flew by – it seems like time has been doing that a lot lately!
Check out this drink I had earlier this week:
It was called a Princess Peach and it was so yummy – and I especially enjoyed the garnish. Fun right? It’s from The Remedy Diner in downtown Raleigh. It’s one of my favorite places to eat if you are ever in the area!
I am so excited about this so let’s go straight into talking about the answers and winners of the Mushroom Eat Me Quiz!
Mushroom Eat Me Quiz answers and winners
1. Mushrooms are the only item in your produce section that contain which Vitamin?
- Vitamin D (97% answered correctly)
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
2. What food group do mushrooms belong to?
- Vegetables (61% answered correctly)
- All of the above
3. What is one of the health benefits of mushrooms according to Project Eat Me?
- Boosting immune function (85% answered correctly)
- Lower chance of developing liver disease
- Improved Acne
4. How should you store fresh mushrooms to keep them fresher, longer?
- In the fridge in a brown paper bag (88% answered correctly)
- Refrigerated and tightly wrapped in plastic
- In a warm sunny spot
5. Which is NOT one of the 7 mushroom varieties commercially grown in Canada?
- Porcini (58% answered correctly)
6. Which is NOT a benefit of mushroom swapability/blendability?
- Blended mushrooms count as a serving of leafy green vegetables (91% answered correctly)
- Swapability adds volume to meals and extends portions
- Mushrooms have 90% fewer calories than a ground meat alternative (on average)
- Mushrooms add important nutrients like vitamin D and selenium
- Finely chopped mushrooms look similar and blend seamlessly with meat
Congratulations our winners:
And Sharon is the winner of a ”Grow your own Mushrooms” mushrooms growing kit and a “Make it with Mushrooms” apron from Mushrooms Canada!
Have a great weekend y’all!